Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to my first blog. My name's Evan, and I guess I'm like the Cryptkeeper of this website. I introduce scary stories, and then I laugh a lot.

(Also, I was born of carnie-folk.)

As a young gay man, I've struggled to find horror films that fit my needs. Sure, most horror is exploitative and low-brow (which... yay!). But not every slasher out there caters to the gay audience. There's a lot of T and A out there, but horror movies in general favor the former over the latter, if you know what I mean.

That's where I come in. This is a blog dedicated to finding the LGBT content in a wide variety of horror (and to a lesser extent sci-fi and fantasy) films. I won't be telling you whether these movies are good (because odds are, they're not). But I will tell you if they are of interest to the gay audience.

I will also be telling jokes... Because that's the carnie way.

No comments:

Post a Comment