Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

LGBTerror Is IRRESISTIBLY SWEET!

I write horror movie reviews. I judge movies on the amount of decapitations and male toplessness. I’m not Tolstoy. So needless to say, the last thing I expected was to get an award for writing this blog. But guess what. This morning, I found out that The Moon Is a Dead World, one of my favorite horror blogs, bestowed unto me THE IRRESISTIBLY SWEET BLOG AWARD, complete with strawberries and a Harlequin Romance font.


Now, let’s be honest for a second. This award is basically the chain letter version of the Golden Globes. I seriously doubt that the person who invented it had any idea that it would eventually end up on a horror blog that reviews movies like Humongous and Evil Bong. That said, I am so freaking excited to get this, especially since it came from Ryne over at Moon Is a Dead World, a guy who puts out a really great site.


I highly recommend this site to anyone interested in horror movies. Not only is it a great resource for the latest DVD releases, but it offers reviews and articles daily. He is way more active with his site than I am with mine. Like LGBTerror, Moon Is a Dead World doesn’t take itself too seriously, but it is slightly more journalistic than mine. It’s a great reading experience. Check it out.

So as part of the terms of the award, I am supposed to write seven previously unknown things about myself. Lets see…


7.         I don’t eat mayonnaise. I think it’s the devil's food and I cannot stand to even have it on my skin. I think that my aversion has to do with the time I ate a bad chicken sandwich at Rubys in Newport and threw up on my grandma. (True story.) Fricking mayonnaise.


6.         My dad was an animator. Back in the 70s, he worked for a studio called Filmation, where he drew for some of their Saturday morning cartoons. He has some interesting stories.


5.         I cry every time I watch Babe: Pig in the City. If you haven’t seen that movie, you have to. It is an experience and you will love it with your soul.


4.         I lived in South Africa for a year. Cape Town, specifically. I loved it there and plan to go back as soon as I can afford it. Great town.


3.         I met Kimmy Gibbler. Everyone has celebrity sightings, and I’ve seen some interesting ones in my life, but my fondest star moment was when I was six and I saw Andrea Barber by my house in Whittier, California. She played Kimmy Gibbler, the annoying next-door neighbor on Full House. We had a moment.


2.         My first horror movie was Leprechaun. I saw it at my aunt's house when I wasn’t supposed to. I was seven. I loved it then and I love it now.


1.         My brother accidentally pushed me out a window when I was two. I think that story is pretty self-explanatory. I’ve since gotten over it. I have a cool foot scar, though.

And that, my friends, is a little something about me. Now I hope you enjoy my upcoming posts about Saturday the 14th and Bloodsuckers from Outer Space. They don’t call me Irresistibly Sweet© for nothing.

2 comments:

  1. I also have a crazy aversion to mayonnaise. I can't eat tuna fish, chicken salad, egg salad, or any other salads that look like or have mayonnaise in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, my friend. Its just so slick and oily and it takes over every food its put on.

    ReplyDelete