I write horror movie reviews. I judge movies on the amount of decapitations and male toplessness. I’m not Tolstoy. So needless to say, the last thing I expected was to get an award for writing this blog. But guess what. This morning, I found out that The Moon Is a Dead World, one of my favorite horror blogs, bestowed unto me THE IRRESISTIBLY SWEET BLOG AWARD, complete with strawberries and a Harlequin Romance font.
Now, let’s be honest for a second. This award is basically the chain letter version of the Golden Globes. I seriously doubt that the person who invented it had any idea that it would eventually end up on a horror blog that reviews movies like Humongous and Evil Bong. That said, I am so freaking excited to get this, especially since it came from Ryne over at Moon Is a Dead World, a guy who puts out a really great site.
I highly recommend this site to anyone interested in horror movies. Not only is it a great resource for the latest DVD releases, but it offers reviews and articles daily. He is way more active with his site than I am with mine. Like LGBTerror, Moon Is a Dead World doesn’t take itself too seriously, but it is slightly more journalistic than mine. It’s a great reading experience. Check it out.
So as part of the terms of the award, I am supposed to write seven previously unknown things about myself. Lets see…
7. I don’t eat mayonnaise. I think it’s the devil's food and I cannot stand to even have it on my skin. I think that my aversion has to do with the time I ate a bad chicken sandwich at Rubys in Newport and threw up on my grandma. (True story.) Fricking mayonnaise.
6. My dad was an animator. Back in the 70s, he worked for a studio called Filmation, where he drew for some of their Saturday morning cartoons. He has some interesting stories.
5. I cry every time I watch Babe: Pig in the City. If you haven’t seen that movie, you have to. It is an experience and you will love it with your soul.
4. I lived in South Africa for a year. Cape Town , specifically. I loved it there and plan to go back as soon as I can afford it. Great town.
3. I met Kimmy Gibbler. Everyone has celebrity sightings, and I’ve seen some interesting ones in my life, but my fondest star moment was when I was six and I saw Andrea Barber by my house in Whittier , California . She played Kimmy Gibbler, the annoying next-door neighbor on Full House. We had a moment.
2. My first horror movie was Leprechaun. I saw it at my aunt's house when I wasn’t supposed to. I was seven. I loved it then and I love it now.
1. My brother accidentally pushed me out a window when I was two. I think that story is pretty self-explanatory. I’ve since gotten over it. I have a cool foot scar, though.
And that, my friends, is a little something about me. Now I hope you enjoy my upcoming posts about Saturday the 14th and Bloodsuckers from Outer Space. They don’t call me Irresistibly Sweet© for nothing.









I also have a crazy aversion to mayonnaise. I can't eat tuna fish, chicken salad, egg salad, or any other salads that look like or have mayonnaise in them.
ReplyDeleteI hear you, my friend. Its just so slick and oily and it takes over every food its put on.
ReplyDelete