Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

ZOMBIE HIGH


I. Love. Zombie. High. I love everything about it. I love the wall-to-wall 80s music, especially since all the lyrics are weirdly motivation pieces of advice about "rising up," etc. etc. I love how it has absolutely nothing to do with zombies until at least the halfway point. I love star Virginia Madsen, who is gorgeous and amazing.



I love the hair, and the clothes, and the horny roommate who says "PSM" instead of "PMS". I love the dorky love interest who looks like he escaped from Revenge of the Nerds IV: Nerds in Love.



I love the faux-rebel love interest who cusses out his Latin teacher because he’s baaad. I love how the high school has the most mature, chiseled study body since one of the Brotherhood sequels.



But most of all, I love the last half-hour, which is inept, bordering on incomprehensible. I know that Ms. Madsen has since disowned this film (she mentioned it at the Phoenix Film Festival, where she was even more beautiful in person). And I can absolutely see why. But one man's trash is another man's treasure, and Zombie High is a steaming pile of treasure. Please watch this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment